Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Week 5 Outside of Class

Person
The Life of a Fly at Sheetz

This will be a comic about when I spot a fly while working at Sheetz. They will fly around the food, me, and my coworkers. Every time they fly into my business, I swat at them and say "Get away you stupid fly!" They then, choosing the stupid route, decide not to listen. This is when I become angry and determined to kill them. I grab a box of food gloves, or whatever is around to kill them. If I miss, they will fly out onto the sales floor and stay there for a while. Then they will come back (a deadly mistake) and that is when they meet their fate. If there's more than one fly, and I kill one, I'll look around and say "Tell your friends!!" (Me talking to the other pests that are still lucky to have their lives...for now...)

Place
Sheetz

A lot of things happen at Sheetz. I've witnessed accidents, screaming customers, even a man coming at another man with a baseball bat. Even things have happened between me and my coworkers. The reason why I chose Sheetz as a "place" is because it seems like everything runs fast and smoothly for the customers... but for the employees, it's keeping a straight face while you are slowly losing your mind. :)
OR: A movie villain or hero working at Sheetz..

Thing
My Stomach

Everyone knows my love for food. My managers know when they need to send me on break, because I will slowly become hangry. "Hangry" is the combination of the two words "hungry" and "angry." When I get hungry, I will start to become angry. I believe that this is my stomach taking control of me because it will roar (growl) like a mountain lion, I will become sassy, and say things I don't mean. In my head, my conscious will try to calm me down, saying things like "It's okay, you're just hungry." "You'll be on break soon." "Grab a small snack to curb your hunger for a little bit." but my other thoughts will say "I'm never going to get to go on break." "What is taking my coworker so long?" "UGH." I've definitely gained some control over it, my manager and I will buy a series of small snacks to hold us both over. But my other manager (who is mean to me all the time and loves to make me angry) [He's still great though, because we've gotten to know each other's sense of humor, what makes us tick, and when not to screw around with each other] will go to another manager on duty and say "YOU need to send Natalie on break NOW." because he knows me well enough that when I get hangry, it's not good. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 16A

In Class My comic was the first to be critiqued in today's class. Here is my final comic:  Here are the comme...